Friday, June 3, 2011

Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?

It has been like 5500 miles since my last one. They say 3000 but is that really necessary?Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?Go with what the owners manual says.



This is important to keep your warranty valid.



Most manufacturers are recommending oil change intervals of 5000 miles or more for normal driving, 3000 for extreme duty.



Time is as important as mileage for oil changes: I tell people at least twice a year no matter what the mileage. Cars that sit or are %26quot;short tripped%26quot; can build up acids in the crankcase.



I go by %26quot;look and feel%26quot; on my oil changes. The oil should be no darker than pancake syrup, and you should be able to read the writing on the dipstick though it.



I wipe the dipstick off with my fingers and %26quot;feel%26quot; the oil between my thumb and forefinger. Do this right after an oil change to %26quot;get a feel%26quot; for how new oil %26quot;feels%26quot;.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?3,000 is best, but I do my own, so it doesn't cost that much.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?3000 is goooooood insurance against wear.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?Well, that depends on how well you want your car to run and for how long... 3000 miles is quite a few miles. I would change it.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?The manufacturer suggests 3500 miles now. If you use synthetic oil, then they only need to be changed every 15,000 miles. It is very important that changing oil, checking your tires, ect is essential!Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?I would change the oil and filter now. For the next oil change, I would do it at 4000 for about a year or two, then start changing at 3000.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?Depends on the type of oil. I recommend pure synthetic. Every 5000 miles for it. Costs more but oil is cheaper than an engine. 3000 miles for conventional oil. Change that oil and don't take a chance with your engine. Replace the filter with every change too. My preference is Castrol GT or Castrol full synthetic.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?my Friend just bout a 06 expedition with 3 years of free serves thy told him to bring it in every 5000 miles so if that's good for warranty it should be enoughRealistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?YES!!! My questin is why WOULDN'T you want to have an oil change done on your 2006 car? How much money did you pay for this car? How much do you value your vehicle? If you care about your vehicle just a little bit, you would WANT to do your regular maintenance, including oil changes. Failure to perform regular maintenance on your new vehicle may even VOID your warranty, should your engine fail DUE TO LACK OF MAINTENANCE!!! I hope you get the message, it could be saving you a few hundred, if not thousands of dollars in future vehicle repairs due to neglect.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?It depends more on the oil than the year of the car. If you are using full synthetic, 5 months/5000 miles is fine, if you are using %26quot;real%26quot; oil, still need the 3months/3000 miles change. Either way, you are due for a change. Remember, oil is what keeps your engine running smoothly. You can severely shorten your car's life by not performing regular changes.

Btw, synthetic is better on your car. I have a 91 Honda Civic which was acting up, and I figured it was going to die soon, but then I switched to synthetic, and now it runs great!Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?if you are usind a good quality product, 5500 is right near the upper limit after that all kinds of weird things start happening inside the engine where you cant see them or get to them easily. when the gasses inside the car are expelled, some of them remain in suspension in the oil, creating various corrosives inside the crank case, the basic idea is to get thse things washed out at a regular interval. even with the high cost of oil, an oil change is still cheaper than parts, labor, and the inconvenience of having your ride tied up.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?On my new cars i changed the oil first time at 1000 miles. Then at every 5000 miles i change the oil and filter (Use an Oem Filter just in case there is warranty issues it protects you because you used the factory oil filter). Oil is a lot better than 10 years ago. So i think it is a real big waste to change it at 3000 only if your towing or in dusty conditions would i see it necessary. Use good quality oil. Not the Pep Boys oil. Valvoline Castrol or synthetic if you can afford it.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?I know that it seems like it is to often. And, we all would rather not have to shovel out the money for them. But, if you added up all of the damage that can happen, if you don't have the oil changed regularly, it is not all that expensive. And, it doesn't seem like such a pain.



Congrats on the new car. Changing the oil regularly will keep your investment lasting a lot longer.



There are %26quot;other%26quot; things that we %26quot;must%26quot; do regularly as well. Please read and believe whole heartily your manual.



Not rotating my tires regularly has cost me dearly.



Good luck, I hope this helps you, Dawn MRealistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?Go with econofix the first answerer.

This 3000 stuff is so they can get under your car and sell you services not needed, make lotsa money that way.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?couldnt have said it better than econfix.Realistically, how often do I need to get an oil change on a 2006 car?first of all what kind of a car is it. and how often and far do you drive it in a time period. i have a 2006 honda civic ex. they recommend that i change it every 5000 miles. or when they guage says it needs changed. but if you where someone that only put 5000 miles a year on your car, you would change it by the time, about every 3 months. if its a vehicle that you do a lot of hauling in, like a truck, you would want to change it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment