Friday, June 3, 2011

I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?

It was a special price so I thought why not. I have a 2000 Suzuki Vitara 4WD with 65,000 miles. Ten minutes after I left the dealer my engine froze. I had it towed back to the dealer and they said I need a new engine. How is this possible since they just changed the oil. Never had any engine sounds or anything like that. They want $3,000 to install a new engine. Am I being taken for a ride or do engines just freeze up without warning?I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?Somebody ran it without oil in it. An engine doesn't freeze up without warning. It develops a knocking sound first.



Rick



I'm a retired ASE Master/L-1 Technician. I still keep current with the latest automotive technology. Visit my blog for cool articles and TSB's: http://free-auto-repair-advice.blogspot.I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?my guess is they forgot to add the oil... i'm sure thay have by now....I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?Sew Sew Sew Their *** off. Its Their fault.

Get a lawyer. And when you win make sure their not the ones that give you the new engine.I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?Sounds like you are being taken for a long ride ,Did they even put oil back in it? Engines do seize from time to time usually they do not have oil in them. Get a good lawyer.I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?always check your oil after you have it serviced at any lube shop or dealer. 99% of the time its gonna be right but that 1 time somebody forgets the oil plug costs a lot of money.



if your motor made horrible sounds and suddenly jerked to a halt yeah you need a motor. Because they forgot to put the oil plug back in and didn't check the oil after servicing. Not checking oil lvls is common at dealers the service guys know your motor requires 4.75 qts of oil with a new filter so to make things faster the just dump that much in it and pull it off the rack instead of cranking it for a minute to fill the oil filter then turning it off and waiting for the oil to settle and checking to be sure it's right.



Sooooo go check your oil. No that is not a normal thing to happen. it may still be dry or maybe they are trying to cover it up and put oil in it with a new plug but hey thats a brand new plug on my old car how did that get there. Nobody told me it needed a new plug. Most definately have it towed somewhere else and get a second opinion, and prolly a lawyer. so you can make them pay for the new motor your car is fixing to get.I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?special price indeed.....if it turns out the dealer unintentionally damaged your engine they are insured for this and they should make good on a claim...they probably want to keep thier franchizeI just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?no you got burned

they left the oil out of your engine or didnt put the oil or drain plug tight

call your insurance or see if there is a consumer affairs

that is state related

good luckI just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?i agree with everyone , they forgot something. if you go to the dealer to check your car. check the oil yourself. if it is clear and clean they added oil to it because they forgot something and do not want to be the blame. with a car w/ 65k on it even after an oil change the oil will still look black after the motor has ran for a bit. but if you check it and it is clear and looks like new oil they are trying to cover their azz!!!I just had an oil change at a Suzuki dealer and had a question.?yes, yes, yes...check the color and condition of the new oil....it will change colors quickly if it has been circulated....but thats just a way to get physical proof...if your car had a problem that would cause it to lock up before they changed your oil (you get it done on time too right?), they would've told you about it
  • professional spray tan
  • medium hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment