Friday, June 3, 2011

How many miles do I really need for an oil change?

I know they say every 3,000 miles but for cars like the Chrsyler Sebring, Nissan Altima, Toyota camry, Honda Accord, how many miles can you go before you start to get into trouble? Im guessing like 5,000 assuming you drive lightly on weekends and drive to work and back in rush hour traffic.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?yes. you need to stick to the 3month/3000 miles oil change interval. after that point, the oil and its additives break down and begin to gel inside the engine, and you no longer have protection for the moving parts. and if you dont drive it much or do %26quot;light%26quot; driving, i would do it at about 2500 - 3000 miles. most people think that by not driving far or hard saves on the oil. but the contrary is true. the less you drive, the less time the oil spends warmed up enough to remove water and contaminates from the oil. it will tell you in your owners manual for this interval. and some of the newer cars are coming out saying 5000 - 7500 miles on oil changes, but there is a LOT of fine print that goes with that (synthetic oil, not doing over 35 mph, etc) things that everyday drivers go beyond.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?3000 miles is a JOKE.

You can easily go 5000. Just check your oil every 500 miles after 3000. If its opaque, change it. If its still like dark beer, then you're good for a while :)How many miles do I really need for an oil change?I run mine 5000 all the time if I didnt I would spend all my time changing oil.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?If it a newer car, you can go a long time 5 to 6000 miles,and some cars can go longer than that. It is really a waste of money to get you oil changed every 3000 miles unless it is an older car.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?dude i would say 3500 if you used regular oil, i mean yeah you can drive 5,000 miles but it will shorten the life of your car. used synthetic you can go like 7,500 depending on the brand. that is what i do. it is more expensive but you gotta change it less.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?If the area is not particularly dusty, and you don't leak or burn any oil, you can safely go 7 or even 10 k on an old engine, 4k on a new one. A worn in engine has no metal shavings in the oil pan.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?i would not chang it just change it every 3,000 miles



cus oil starts to brake down after thatHow many miles do I really need for an oil change?I read an article once where they tested oils in a motorcycle.

Conventional oil broke started to lose viscosity around 5K, synthetic around 7500.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?It would be best to change it every 3,000 miles. Especially if you drive in rush hour traffic. It will keep your engine much cleaner. I wouldn't go any farther than 5,000 miles. At that point the oil begins to break down at a pretty high rate due to the constant exposure to the engine's heat.How many miles do I really need for an oil change?First read you freakin manual? and dont listen to these guys (if they are guys!!) Change your oil as instruceted or 250 to 500 miles prior to instructed. usualy around 2500-3000 all depending on the make and year of your car. By doing just that you can greatly improve the life of your car!!

No comments:

Post a Comment