Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?

On the front of my engine there is a slow oil leak that has been going on for sometime. I keep up with the oil level and just had an oil change. I would like to know how I can pinpoint where the actual leak is and then fix it. All of your help is greatly appreciated!How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?what i would do is look at teh engine and tighten any possible loose bolts that either hol the vavle cover on, hold the oil resevour under ur car, make sure the valve cover gasket in properly placed and if any on that is not tight enuf or put on the way its supposed to them try that stop leak oil treatment, its kinda like a %26quot;motor honey%26quot; typeofthing but it will work and keep your car runnning...also make surer you keep and eye even on your transmission fluid and break fluid and power steering fluid becuz unless your absolutely sure about that it is oil i wouldnt focus directly on it becuz cars these days can be a real pain in the @ss.....hope this helps goodluckHow do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?take it to the mechanicHow do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?Steam clean your engine, because there's probably oil everywhere. Run it and see where the leak is, if you can fix it, do it, if not take it to a mechanic.How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?Maybe it's a seal or a gasket. Have to take it to a shop where they can look at it.How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?Adding an additive that stops leaks could help.

Go to an auto parts store and ask them what additive is good for your problem.

It could be a gasket, which would not be an easy task to fix.How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?steam clean the engine then keep Ur eye out for the leak, as for fixing it, it really depends on where the leak is, and to how to fix the leak



once U find the leak get back to me, and with any luck i can help U get it fixed



i hope this helpsHow do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?Try a substance called Bars Leak. My husband is a diesel mechanic and uses it all the time.How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?might be a valve cover gasket...in which case it isn't a huge ordeal to fix. However, as long as the car runs fine, I wouldn't bother spending much money on fixing it, as long as it's a slow leak. Just keep an eye on the oil level.How do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?common thing on Legend oil leak are the front main seal and camshaft seals.once the timing belt cover is remove ,you will see the the leak. if you don:t fix the leak,it will get onto the timing belt and damage the belt and cause engine damage. DO NOT install oil leak additive which can cost more problem.fix it the right way !there is no short cut.this repairs will takes about 6 hours if you have experience and toolsHow do I stop an oil leak in the front of the engine in a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS?Clean the engine where you suspect the leak is coming from. Then put an engine dye in the system and monitor the leak.

DO NOT PUT IN ANY STOP LEAK THIS WILL ONLY CAUSE DAMAGE AND WILL NOT FIX YOUR PROBLEM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment