Friday, September 23, 2011

I paid for an oil change and they never did the service?

I paid $175.00 for an oil change 3 weeks ago. A day after I picked up the car, I checked my on board computer, it stated the oil was overdue and never changed. I called my service adviser right away to address the issue and his response was %26quot; the tech must have forgot to reset the computer, don't worry we did the service just bring it in when you have time and we will reset the sensor since we forgot to do it.%26quot;



I brought the car in last saturday and asked them to reset the sensor. They said %26quot;Since this is not an emergency, we don't have time to do it.%26quot;



Well today, my car was having serious issues. I had to have it towed to a local mechanic. He said the issue with the car is the oil. He told me the oil has not been changed for a very long time.



3 weeks ago I paid BMW of San Diego $175.00 to change the oil. I was having doubts they ever did it due to the fact they did not reset the computer. Now I know for a fact they charged me $175.00 for something that was never done.



I called BMW of San Diego and spoke to the general manager and they said %26quot;you must be making a mistake, we may have forgot to reset the computer but we did the oil change. We would never cheat a customer%26quot;



Well they did, and that customer is out of $175.00

Since they will not admit to their mistake, how do I get this resolved? Please help.I paid for an oil change and they never did the service?Your in luck you because you live in California and the Bureau of Automotive Repair where you can report fraud is right in San Diego: http://www.bar.ca.gov/



Pull up the site and you'll find the information to get more than even with the scumbag BMW dealer. Save all your receipts and make a report as soon as possible.I paid for an oil change and they never did the service?Why in the heck would anyone pay $175.00 for an oil change? Only you.That is why they knew you were not very bright and screwed you for the money. Jiffy Lube charges less than $100.00 for synthetic oil. Go there and WATCH them do it. By the way,look at the oil.Is it black or light brown.The color will tell you if its new or old.I paid for an oil change and they never did the service?in San Jose we have a a thing called 7 on your side, which meadeates

such issues. see if there is such a thing in S%26gt;D%26gt; after that, contact the California Board of Auto Mechanics. Good Luck!I paid for an oil change and they never did the service?Go Public! In Boston we have a local tv reporter called Help Me Hank and she bust people for people who can get satisfaction! Do it! They'll be sorry they messed with you!



SmoochesI paid for an oil change and they never did the service?Take the car back to them and have them check the oil in your presence.I paid for an oil change and they never did the service?It would have been good if you had checked the oil after the change. It's very easy and necessary to do. You can tell by the look and smell of the oil on the dipstick if the oil is old or new. You'll probably have to take them to court, but it could have been avoided by taking a minute to check your own oil. Being a car owner, being proactive always saves you money.lI paid for an oil change and they never did the service?It is a simple matter to prove whether or not they changed the oil. Just send an oil sample to an independent oil analysis lab -- one like Blackstone Laboratories -- and have the oil analyzed.



But do you really think a dealership would risk losing their franchise license to gain nickel-and-dime profits from a fraudulent practice such as that which would be easily detected by any customer with the common sense to pull the dipstick and look at the oil level and the color and clarity of the oil when they pick up their car? Think about it. Would petty fraud to gain nickel-and-dime profits be worth the risk of losing a multi-million dollar franchise license which could be proven as easily as pulling the dipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment