Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do i need an oil change even though I have not met the 3K rule?

I used to change my car oil 1999 CIVIC EX 110K miles on it every 3K miles, but I purchased a new car in march 2009. So i use my civic like once in a blue moon, and when it snows like today, I'm from Jersey. My car oil change was due like 8 months ago, but out of the 3K miles on it, I have only put in 280 miles on it! Also should I start my car everyday and if so for how long, and also how much should I drive so it doesnt rust or have problems. My car is in mint condition. So I like to keep it that way. With the rate I'm going to reach the 3K oil change like in 2012 or 2013. Advise suggestions! Thanks! ! ! !Do i need an oil change even though I have not met the 3K rule?Oil is not about time, as it sits in a jug before entering your engine. Point being it sits in your engine just like a jug. Should start and drive car at least once per month, just to lubricate wheel bearings and such. at least 20 minutes or more. Should change oil at least once per year. luv serDo i need an oil change even though I have not met the 3K rule?no geniusDo i need an oil change even though I have not met the 3K rule?your owners manual will tell you how often you need to change your oil! jiffy lube and other oil places want you in every 3000 miles or a set time period! This is all bullshtt! Check with your owners manual and do what it tells you! most cars can go up to 7000 miles without needing an oil change! If I were you I would drive your little honda around the block at least once a week! It help to keep everything lubercated and not dry out! If gaskets dry out then they will start to leak! If you don't drive the car much, sell it and go on a vacation and get out of the snow!Do i need an oil change even though I have not met the 3K rule?that 3k mile rule, is not a rule at all, cars are actually designed to go about 7500 miles before you need to change your oil, and idc what anyone says about that, its the truth. im doing an internship at a gm dealership and have more experience under the hood of a car than just your average poster here.

if you dont dive it more than a few times a month or every other month be sure to start it and let it run for 5 minutes at least once or twice a month and everything will be fine.

you wont need to change the oil for a while to go, but the longer its sitting out in the cold weather the worse it will be. oil DOES GO BAD, it separates and thats just not a good thing to have sitting in your car.

No comments:

Post a Comment